or more than 2.4 lakh Mumbai students vying for seats in the first-year junior college (FYJC), the first admission merit list will be declared today at 5 pm. This list, however, is only for those who applied in the general category.
Here are 10 things you need to do after the list is declared:
1. Log in into the admissions portal, where you can check whether you have been allotted a seat in this round.
2. You may receive an SMS from the education department, informing you about your admission status.
3. If you are allotted a seat in the college of your choice, then it is mandatory for you to accept. If you don’t, you will be disqualified from the admission process.
4. From July 11 to 13, you can finalise your seat by paying the full fee between 10am and 5pm at the college allotted to you.
5. If you’re assigned a college that wasn’t your first preference, then you can either confirm your admission or wait for the next round. But, there is no guarantee that you will be assigned a better college in the next list.
6. From July 15 to 18, you can make changes to the colleges or streams you listed in your application form, from 10 am to 5 pm. You can also complete your application form.
7. On July 20, the second merit list will be declared at 5pm. You can pay fees from July 21 to July 24.
8. If you are still unhappy with the college allotted to you, or have not been listed, you have another chance to change your college preferences or streams on July 26 and July 27.
9. A third merit list will be released on July 29 at 5 pm. Pay your fees between July 31 and August 1. Changes to application form can be made on August 3 and 4.
10. On August 6, the fourth and final merit list will be declared at 5pm. You can pay full fees between August 7 and 8. FYJC classes will begin on August 9.